My windows Vista has been acting funky the last while – Windows update has been giving me this error code as soon as it loads up as well 80070424
according to this
- Click on Start -> Run
- and paste the command below and enter
gets me past the error, but windows update now instead just hangs/freezes upon launch. Will need to reboot sometime and try alternative solutions.
okay tried this
1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
2. Double-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
3. In the Startup type box, click Manual, and then click Apply.
4. Click the Log On tab, and then verify that the service is enabled in every hardware
profile that is listed. If the service is disabled in one or more hardware profiles, click
the hardware profile, click Enable, and then click Apply.
5. Click the General tab, and then click Start.
BITS runs fine, interestingly other site say to stop the task, but it seems ‘unstoppable’
the below doesn’t work either
1. Click Start.
2. Choose Run.
3. In the Run box, type (pressing okay after the command) :-
says dllregisterserver not found hrm.
now trying this solution
Click Start >> Run >>
Type the follow command in the Open box.
“net.exe stop wuauserv” (w/o quotes)
Repeat the same for the following commands:
net.exe start wuauserv
Restart the machine and try again.
update: wow, looks like that last one actually fixed it for me. problem solved. I’m wondering if the issue had anything to do with an update that got abrupted a while back and so things never got set up right again with windows update.